In Challenges, every shot you take has the potential to win a Single Hit Payout.

You can see the probability of each possible prize in the "Single Hit Payout" box located to the bottom right of the challenge screen.

Whenever you take a shot, there is a 75% chance of winning a prize and a 25% chance of the action being a dud with no payout.